Friday, April 07, 2006

stupid stupid people

It really annoys me when people drill outside of my room at 4AM in the morning and turn on bright searchlights. It's ok up to 2AM, but not ok at 4-5AM. I was really pissed off because I had an exam today and I slept 3 hours because people on my hall were procrastinating and building the stuff for the prefrosh today.

If I had moved to my dorm as a freshman, it would've been fine. I would build things and stay up 'till odd hours of the morning and socialize. Now, I don't think that way anymore and I wouldn't do many of the things that I would have four years ago.
Each hall has a different mentality and a different feel about it. My floor is fairly normal, no cats, few druggies, but a bent towards operating chainsaws and sledgehammers. 4W is the druggie floor, 3E and 5E are the scary floors with black and red tape over all of their lights. 2E and 5W are fairly normal, 4E and 3W are fairly normal, quiet, and dorky. I don't know anything about 1E and 1W but assume that they're not terribly weird.

When I moved onto the hall last year, I really wanted to live in a place where everyone on the hall talked to each other and had this bond. It never materialized. I have three really good friends on the hall, and two other friends that I talk to. Everyone else is nice, but I've never sat down with one of them and started talking. It's like I have nothing in common with them. People in this dorm are fairly open and original, but sometimes they're irresponsible and childish. It's something I wouldn't even have noticed freshman year. I don't think I'm the most responsible person in the world and I sure as hell make crappy decisions sometimes, but I try. Sometimes, that's all that matters.

No comments: