Friday, November 10, 2006

borat...sigh

I was dragged to see Borat today. All I can say is that the movie supported my theory that men should wear as much clothing as humanly possible. Period. Especially if their legs look like hairy sticks or if they weigh 500 lbs and are covered in about 10 layers of surrounding insulation. I cannot describe how much I wanted to puke after I watched that scene. Probably more than when I finished my 7 hour extended happy hour tonight in an effort to forget the image of hairy stick and lardo locked in the 69 position. Yeah...

Having never watched the Ali G show or any of Cohen's other brainchildren, I still knew what to expect (Hanging out with guys for lunch every day will do that to you). Sure, the jokes were crass and offensive, but this scene was just horrendous. I like some innocent humor and slightly off-color humor once in a while, but this was just over the top. The fact that some people rated Borat as their favorite movie of all time and its more than favorable reviews disturbed me just a little bit. Is America moving in a new direction that I'm simply not aware of? How can stuff like this possibly be inspiring? Borat was rated higher than Gladiator on IMDB and Rotten tomatoes. WTF?

How can we possibly live in a culture that rates racist jokes and fat naked men higher than soldiers getting their faces chopped off with an ax and wearing short skirts? What has America come to? Why must we exchange gratuitous violence and incest for Jewish jokes, female jokes, and more incest? What happened to blood and honor? Ah well. I suppose it's all for the people.

No comments: