Monday, September 18, 2006

the mysteries of couture

Obviously I'm procrastinating and not doing my probability and statistics homework...so I decided to look at couture instead. All following images are from www.style.com.Exhibit A is from Valentino. Snakes, anyone? I do believe that is a real snake on her head, and I'm not sure what it has to do with fashion whatsoever except that I'm freaked out just by looking at the poor model. I hope she got paid something extra to have a snake wrapped around her head, not to mention some free shampoo to get the snake feeling out of her hair.



Exhibit B is from Christian Dior's 2004 Spring show. I'm not sure what to say except that I know the exact probability that I'll ever see one of those designs ever again. All fashion designers, not to mention Queen Elizabeth, must be rolling around in their graves. These dresses make sweatpants, suspender straps, and other items look positively sexy. I know! If aliens ever invaded, we can greet them with these women who look like they came from a 17th century royal tea party gone wrong, and they'll be so scared that they'll immediately abandon any plans of universe domination.

I finally figured out what couture is...a combination of fear factor, the circus, and the secret defense weapon that the pentagon has been working on all of these years.


No comments: